Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Final Project Outline

For my final project I am going to be interview 3 students that studied abroad for 1 year in other countries.
In these interviews, I am hoping to see the difference between Greece, London, South Africa, and American culture. I think this will be an interesting thing to look into because I have only been comparing American culture to Chinese culture. Now I am able to add in 3 more cultures.
1) I will start by asking the same questions that I asked the international students that I interviewed here, so that I can see some of the differences and the similarities.
                 -Where did you go and how long were you there?
                 -Why did you decide to study abroad?
                 -What was your opinion of your new diet?
                 -What were your preconceptions about the country that you visited?
                 -What were some cutural differences that you noticed right away  between here and the other   culture?
                 -Who takes care of the finances in the family in the culture that you visited?
                
2) I will then expand my interview, so that they are able to compare the culture that they were in compared to the U.S.
                 -What were your favorite element in your trip culturally?
                 -Did you have to learn a new language? If so how long did it take you to learn it?
                 -What was the biggest difference from the U.S. and the new cultural?
3) I will set up a time to meet with all three of them at different times.
4) I will then compare the three interview that I conducted with the three interviews that I already have conducted, and try to find some similarities, and differences.
5) I will then have a paper on the similarities, and the differences.
6) I will also have the transcripts of all three interviews.
7) Cultural reports for all three countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment